By Michael John McCarthy and Martin O’Connor
‘The show will make you smile, laugh, feel moved but most of all put a tap in your foot and a song in your heart.’ ***** Edinburgh Reporter
Turntable started when MJ McCarthy and his Great Aunt Kathleen – 55 years his senior – connected over a stack of vinyl. Since then the Turntable team have toured her record case around Scotland, inviting listeners of all ages to investigate its contents whilst reflecting on the importance of music in their lives.
Now this invitation is extended to the new audiences – Join Michael John McCarthy at a Turntable performance exploring memory, identity, family and most importantly of all, the joy of music.
Turntable at the Edinburgh Fringe
Turntable performed at the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe as part of the Made in Scotland showcase. The performances featured a different special guest each day. We were delighted to welcome: Mark Thomas, Karine Polwart, Zinnie Harris, Jon Busby, Director, The Welcoming Association, Martin Creed, Jo Clifford and David Greig.
- Michael John McCarthy – creator and performer
- Martin O’Connor – co-creator and director
- Rachel O’Neil – Designer & Collaborator
- Matt Padden – Sound Design consultant
- Nick Millar – Production Manager
- Fi Johnston – Stage manager
- Alice McGrath – Co-creator and Producer