Turntable | Edinburgh
14 – 20 August, 5.30pm
Scottish Storytelling Centre, atrium
Created and Performed by Michael John McCarthy
Turntable started when MJ McCarthy and his Great Aunt Kathleen – 55 years his senior – connected over a stack of vinyl.
Since then the Turntable team have toured her record case around Scotland, inviting listeners of all ages to investigate its contents whilst reflecting on the importance of music in their lives.
At this year’s Fringe, the Turntable invitation is extended to the people of Edinburgh. Stories and memories will be gathered at workshops throughout the city. These encounters will inform a series of performance events featuring special guests and a soundtrack chosen by you.
UPDATE!…Special guests announced:
- Monday 14 August – Mark Thomas
- Tuesday 15 August – Karine Polwart
- Wednesday 16 August- Zinnie Harris
- Thursday 17 August – Jon Busby, Director, The Welcoming Association
- Friday 18 August – Martin Creed
- Saturday 19 August – Jo Clifford
- Sunday 20 August – David Greig
- Michael John McCarthy – creator and performer
- Martin O’Connor – co-creator and director
- Rachel O’Neil – Designer & Collaborator
- Matt Padden – Sound Design consultant
- Nick Millar – Production Manager
- Fi Johnston – Stage manager
- Alice McGrath – Co-creator and Producer